1. How did you get into the floral design business?I was working in finance at Merrill Lynch out of college and I wasn't happy with my job, so I began throwing parties for family and friends. I soon realized that the floral and decor portion of the event took up most of my focus so I figured I would try starting a business doing what I love, and the rest is history.
2. What makes Blush Botanicals so wonderful?
I'd say what makes Blush special is that we're always trying to stay ahead of the trend and create new pieces. We have a fabricator that can create anything we dream up and we are trying to do things that are on a larger scale (physically larger) and are trying hard to focus on getting an emotional response from guests and clients. We want clients to see the value in exactly what we are producing for them, so we want each piece to be unique and sophisticated. I think working with other fabulous vendors elevates us as well and we are so lucky to be able to do that.
3. What is something brides should ask about in regards to florals but often do not?
We wish more of our brides would ask us about ways to donate the flowers at the end of the evening as it is such a great thing to do!
4. Color pallets you are loving lately?
I'm a huge lover of the mixed metallic tones paired with fresh, soft greens and whites.
5. Is there a wedding tradition that you just love to see?
I enjoy when a bride asks me to incorporate a family heirloom on their bridal bouquet. It personalizes it and makes it a bit more special.
6. If you could do another profession other than yours, what would you do?
I would probably go to culinary school to be a chef or potentially go into interior design.
7. A helpful tip for somebody looking to get into the floral business?
Invest in a large, walk in cooler early.
8. Any summer activities you have been enjoying?
I go for beach runs in the mornings.
9. Three things you can't live without?
My dog, living by the ocean, the ability to sketch my thoughts.
10. If you had $40,900 to spend on one trip, where would you go and what would you do?