1) What should brides/grooms/curious seekers know about you?I don't take myself seriously but I take my work seriously! I'm a wedding and event coordinator, and owner of a favor company, as well as a very recent bride. I’ve seen the wedding industry from different perspectives and understand the emotions and importance each role plays. With such perspective, I feel I am able to interact with my industry co-workers, clients and their families and guests more effectively. For me, the most important thing to be – other than extremely creative and organized – is calm, understanding and flexible in every situation.
2) Why do you love what you are doing? In a word: smiles. :) There is nothing more rewarding than knowing you contributed to someone else’s joy and most cherished day, surrounded by family and friends.
3) What makes your business wonderful and stand out from the rest? I’m passionate about what I do. I put all of my heart into each and every event that I’m involved in! I never push ideas or talk a client into something that is not for them... Instead, I try to find what they are looking for and will not rest until I know they are getting exactly what they want. I listen to my clients and do all that I can to make their event successful and a true reflection of who they are.
I also prioritize educational programs and industry events. Trends and rules are always changing, and as planners and business owners, it is our responsibility to stay current. I’ve found that staying current and exposing myself to these industry changes allows me to provide more guidance and insight to my clients.
4) Where do you find your inspiration? Everywhere… buildings, landscaping, art, color, blogs, magazines and fashion!
5) What does the world need right now? Love, sweet love…. No pun intended!:) With everyday stresses, I think it’s important people remember to celebrate the important things and important people in their lives.
6) What advice do you have for brides to be? Advice for Brides to be.... Wow, I may have too much advice!:) First, try not to let the planning consume you, getting married is what matters!! Stay focused on why you are getting married and try to enjoy every moment leading up to the big day. A lot of time, money, thought and energy is put into a wedding... Having a good planner will ensure that your day runs smoothly and all details are executed properly. Planners are amazing for many different reasons but it's comforting to know someone is there making sure you, your family and friends can enjoy the day and not worry about all the details.
7) If you could go to one of the 7 wonders of the world, where would you go and why? Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory! It’s a wonder… right!?