"There’s power in looking silly and not caring that you do." - Amy Poehler
I find my flaws so interesting and can often laugh at myself. You know that scene in Juno where Juno is telling Pauly, "You are so cool and you don't even try", and Pauly says, "I try really hard”?I'm that girl. I'm the hand raiser. I'm the one who tries really hard. I'll be day dreaming of ideas, making connections between unrelated concepts and as I grab the four corners of the blanket and the idea takes shape, I trip on a crack in the sidewalk. I crack myself up.
I love to watch the Big Bang Theory by myself because Sheldon is so hilarious and I seem to laugh longer than anyone else in the room. I'm so much more emotional than he is, but I think a lot of us can relate to his moments of misunderstanding.
My flaws are hilarious to me. Here are 10 of them for your enjoyment:
1) In Cranium Anniversary Edition, I love ____, but I speak as if I'm giving an autobiography of the person instead of using an accent. I can not speak in accents. Mike is certain I am violating the spirit of the game.
2) It’s been years since I’ve surfed because I jump off the board every time I catch a wave in grand celebration. The last jump I landed on a sting ray.
3) I can often be found packing at midnight before a trip.
4) A couple of years back we flew into Thailand around midnight, arriving in Bangkok at 2am without a hotel reservation. This is not odd for us.
5) I love music and can often sing along to an unusual variety of songs, but it will be off key. I rarely ever know A) who is singing the song and B) the name of the song. Pop culture and I don’t know a lot about each other.
6) I don’t actually know who Kanye West is other than I remember hearing he has a kid that has a direction name. See #5.
7) I’m also very unsure of who the Kardashians are and why they are relevant, but I know one of them has a big butt and tried to ‘break’ the internet.
8) I can ask for directions in three languages; English, Spanish and Italian. This is due to my shockingly bad sense of direction, but great love of travel. Thank you to whomever invented GPS.
9) I can also order dinner, and more importantly, gelato in three languages, but that is solely because I value eating and well, Gelato.
10) I often leave things places, but have the ability to collect the most understanding and amazing people as friends. For example: I went to Target with my mom. When I got home I realized I must have left my phone somewhere. I went into my condo and saw a note on the table next to my phone.
Stop leaving your things everywhere. I was your last call and I was near Target so I picked it up and dropped it off. Pull it together.
P.S She has keys to my place for emergencies like this one.