It is always inspiring to see how people use their studies and degrees to make impacts on other people's lives. In Lisa Lippe's case, she took her production background and used it to build Details Defined- a San Diego wedding and event design business. Her careful attention to detail takes your ideas and turns them into reality. Read on to find out more about what is inspiring Lisa and how she got into the wedding and event design business.1. What got you started in wedding and event design?
I worked in Hospitality while studying production for live theater, TV, and journalism. I worked with couples while working at resorts and fell in love with the process. I decided to apply my production skills to live events. I get to apply my story telling journalism background to helping others tell their story through ceremony and celebration and in live events.
2. Favorite part of your job?
Working with people, defining the details and the day it all comes together is like an opening night at the theater in a way.
3. What is something brides should ask about but often don't?
Why certain vendors are referred over others, what makes them good/great, how are they a good fit for them.
4. What has been inspiring you lately?
The clients I work with is where I get my inspiration. Their stories, what they love. The rest comes from time outdoors, and nature, beautiful sunrises. Maybe that sounds cheesy, but Mother Nature has a lot to offer in the area of inspiration!
5. If you could do another job other than yours, what would you choose?
6. Three things you can't live without?
Family, love, and chocolate
7. What summer activity have you been enjoying?
Hiking, driving up the coast, wine tasting, and cooking classes
8. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
Mint and chip
9. If you had $40,900 to spend on one trip, where would you go and what would you do?
Italy, Greece, and Ireland. Meet the locals, learn about the culture, history, culinary, wine, agriculture, landscape, art, local favorite activities.